Monday, March 16, 2009

Inner Strength

Sometimes our lives seem not our own. As if bosses, co-workers, family, lovers, and friends push and pull us into directions that we would rather not go.

ACIM (a course in miracles) says that the only lack we need heal is the separation we feel from God.

I believe it is this feeling of separation from a creator that causes many people to separate themselves into neat and tidy socially acceptable pieces, and leaves them with a big fat hole inside their hearts and minds. One that often they have no idea how to fill.



I have noticed in these few short weeks of working in a doctors office that people generally don't expect the best, nor do they look forward to it.


It is such a foriegn way of looking at life for me, that I find myself somewhat taken aback, and as I sit here today being sent home from work for feeling ill, I am recognizing that I have been very lucky in my life. For the last five years I could go to work and look forwad to what I was going to do and I only shared my work space with myself and each client.



I believe my facebook friend Gary really said it best today when he quoted a familiar saying.
"It is easy to be a monk on a mountain top."
I have found myself slowly feeling infected by the words and the attitudes of an office staff that is just trying to make it through thier days. Just working to pay their bills and get what feels like a minute of relief. As though their lives are happening too fast and they can not keep up.
I believe that my life is universally guided and that each and every one of us here on this planet can make a difference to this world. I believe that I have been gifted with the experience of this job so that I can remember what it is like for people who do not have the tools, experience, or love that I have to share and offer. To remember that my strength is my spirit and the spirit that resides in each person, REGARDLESS of their own beliefs and thoughts and pains, is just as strong, beautiful, and eternal as mine.
Because of my own past and the feelings I have had about the medical system here in Florida I
have not wished to work in the field as a nurse, and yet I find myself in this job that challenges my rusty nursing skills, but more than that, I find my inner mettle being forged.
This is the time that the Guru sends the disciples away from the ashram. When they have been able to experience the love and safety of their creator in a controlled environment that always seeks the spiritual enlightenment and betterment of each spirit.
When one has been loved and healed enough, the Guru will send you into the world away from the safety and support of the ashram... because it is the presence of the true spiritual disciple that lifts up the spirits of others.
We communicate energetically the information we hold within our hearts, minds and spirits. The duality is... to be so true to the nature of the alter of our own heart and what we know to be true within us, that we can withstand a room full of doubts, fears, and pain. That we do not waiver or allow the seeds of doubt to populate our own minds and hearts.
This is my own lesson of the last 3 weeks. To remember who I am, where I came from, and who I want to be. To recognize that taking care of me is the most important thing I can do, and to take care of me my beliefs and attitudes MUST be aligned with the power and strengths of my spiritual fortitude and NOT be wasted on the drifting thoughts and words of those who have forgotten their own strength.
The photos above are mandalas I was inspired to draw for my clients. Each client has expressed that as they gaze at the images they have recieved the feeling of healing and spiritual support. I just love when Spirit speaks through art!
May your days be blessed!


































No comments:

Post a Comment