Monday, November 22, 2010

Our Agreements

Agreements are the things we make daily with ourselves, our families, our co-workers, and society. They are the unconscious voices inside our minds and sometimes inside our very hearts that help us to function in the world.

As lightworkers the agreements that we make often define who we think we are in the world. Making an agreement to heal the world is a large endeavor!

Some of us are aware of the agreements that we have made regarding healing our community, and yet a larger part of us are not aware of the conscious agreements we have made; and even more important may be the subconscious agreements we make without even a clue of what we are doing or why.

This is the time of the year that heralds the harvesting of our past year's endeavors. It is also the time of the year that is most ripe for us to look at the things that are not working in our lives and evaluate anything that is draining us of precious time and energy.

As the Winter months approach it is a time for self reflection and going deeply inside ourselves to prepare for the next cycle. Many times in the hustle and bustle of daily life these natural flows are not noticed or celebrated, yet they remain important to us all in learning to manage ourselves and our agreements.

Questions to ask yourself are:
Are my agreements to people in my life more important than my agreements to myself?
Are the agreements that I uphold as a global light worker for my community balanced with my own personal self care?
Do I feel drained after I have said YES to an activity to help others?
Do I have a daily self care program in place and do I follow it no matter what is happening in my life?

If you are feeling drained, taken advantage of, or as if there is not enough time to get things done for other people and you consistently place yourself on the back burner; you may be dealing with some agreements and self expactations that could be altered just a tiny bit to support your life and your healing work. We don't want to throw out the baby with the bath water... we just want to find the path of least resistance when searching for a balance in our healing and lightworking activities and our own personal health.

Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment