Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Creating Sacred Space

The incredible thing about having and using a sacred space is that in times when you are not feeling so energetic and perhaps feeling melancholy the energy has already been created.

Today as there is a named storm swirling out in the waters possibly threatening to become a hurricane and unleash its beautiful power and cleansing on Florida and all of us that inhabit this tropical paradise... my body feels as though it has been struck by a train, a plane, an automobile, and possibly a horse drawn carriage.

The one thing that I conveniently forget about the diagnosis of Fibromyalgia and the way it affects my body is that when the wind blows, barometric pressures change quickly, and when mother nature begins to cleanse itself my body lets me know.  The way I experience it is with discomfort, pain, stiffness, and weakness; dang it!

See the thing is I had plans for this week, writing some classes out, planning to teach Reiki and give attunements, to be truly productive, and all I wanted to do this evening was lay on the couch and watch television.  My mind started turning to being hard on myself for lack of energy and motivation to follow through with my best laid plans.  Here is the truth... I have sacred space, not only specifically set aside in my home, but most definitely set aside within me.  Loving what is as Byron Katie teaches is to question thoughts that make you feel poorly about your own experience.

Here is the incredible thing, I may not have written an award winning class tonight or started to write a novel, I also may not have gotten any more organized or prepared toward teaching, but I did get quiet and remember my sacred space.  AND luckily I came to share that tiny win with all of you, because that is Reiki folks, in the huge and seemingly insurmountable, and in the tiny breath of a day that causes us to remember the sacred within us!

Here is to your sacred places no matter what you may be feeling or experiencing!

No comments:

Post a Comment