Friday, August 10, 2012

 Don't you just love the laughing Buddah??? He always makes me happy and feel like things are really alright.
I read once that the Japanese decided to do a fat rendition of Buddah to make fun of all the things we aren't supposed to be... you know... to remind people to laugh at themselves.

I have to say I can be so utterly serious about my meditations, prayers, and Reiki that I might resemble some kind of constipated devotee, stick up the rear and all of that.  Along with that serious nature about all things spiritual in my world is my expectation that my life will also follow along the lines of spiritual unity, growth, and discipline.  Enter the clashing and thrashing of the world and nothing seems to be as perfect as my imagination would like for it to be.

For years I have been embracing this moment... only to find myself in a past or future moment... the laughing Buddah helps me remember not to take myself so seriously.

What I realized recently is that all that constipation caused by seriousness overload is about as spiritually sensitive and graceful as; well a diver with his feet chained to concrete, or a drunk ballet dancer, or my dog eating dinner on a carpet... none of these things seem graceful to me at all.... And sometimes I am just as ungraceful and unbalanced as the next everyday Joe.

Even a Spiritual life, no matter how well defined by discipline and serious committed practice, must also bring fun and joy into our hearts and minds, we all need a break from the hum drum, shocking, sense dulling "real" world to remember we are alive.

An old friend of mine passed from our world this week, and I realized that feeling the feelings around death and transition as a spiritual person is much different than feeling those same feelings from a strictly human perspective... Luckily I remembered that I am both of those things and found my way back from a potentially sad detour from my Joy.

I am choosing to see my friend surrounded by beautiful flowers, white puffy clouds, and puppies, kitties, and little ducklings because I believe these things to be something that our innocent childhood selves would find happy and joyful.  Also I know that he is most certainly held within the light of God, and; well... it just simply makes me feel better to think he might be playing with puppies on a grass covered hill with the sun and rainbows and his heart open and filled with love laughing and sending love to those of us that are mourning his passing.  Just as we are sending love his way too.

Remember your Joy today.... and if you have a minutes send some love to Mark... I'm sure he'd appreciate it as he continues on his journey...
Namaste'


No comments:

Post a Comment