Monday, May 20, 2013

Girl scout rule

This is Amos he lives at pather ridge here in florida and I can't wait to meet him.
This pic really has nothing to do with my post tonight,
I just think he is a sexy guy!


Tonight I'm going to be short and sweet.


There is a rule in the Girl Scouts that I have always found to be important.
It goes along with the golden rule for me, 
you know;
Do unto others as you would have others do unto you.
The girl scouts say to leave a space 
cleaner and better than when you found it.
this includes actual buildings and nature.


I love that concept.
To care whether someone else does or not.
When I was younger I really didn't understand that concept.
Now though,
through my path of spirituality and my
practice of Reiki and the 5 principles
I really understand the deep understanding of leaving a thing to the best of your
ability better than when you found it.
 
 
This means relationships too.
Too many people use their painful past as a reason to treat others 
in an unkind fashion.
I have come a very long way from the immature girl that used a 
sharp tongue and fists to communicate my displeasure with perceived enemies.


One of the greatest gifts of a daily Reiki practice is to
reach deep inside and make a choice to leave
someone's heart better than you found it.
To me this means my family, friends, and fellow humans.
Each time I feel the need to get angry or begin to feel frustrated
I do my best to find the place within me that can honor the other person.
Because by honoring the other person I am really
honoring myself.


It doesn't mean that I choose to be hurt or abused.
It just means that I am committed to turning the other cheek
and asking for healing for myself and the person in question.


I truly believe that God is watching in one form or another.
At the end of my life I want to be able to 
sit with God and anyone else near by and feel proud of the decisions I made
when it comes to the treatment of life.
Nature, animals, humans... 
everything really.


Did I choose to honor life as often as possible?
Did I choose to find compassion when I could?
Did I remember to see myself in that person and choose a different way to perceive my world?
Did I choose to honor the creator of everything even when someone
else might be acting in an unkind way toward me???


If I never learned anything else in my life perhaps for me this is the most
incredible spiritual lesson of all.
Feeling challenged to do the right thing even in the face of those who do not.
Which way do I choose?
How do I honor peace within my heart and support peace within the world???
How have I honored my own learning by my actions?


Just for today ...
I will not anger
I will not worry
I will do my job honestly
I will be thankful for my many blessings
I will be kind to all living things....

Usui Sensei did not add
when I feel like it, only when I am not tired, only when other people are nice to me...
it isn't a sometimes thing
it's an everyday all the time thing...
and it is a reminder that I am certainly not perfect!!
 
 
Namaste!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment